Personal Injury

If you’ve been injured in an accident, your number one priority is getting proper medical treatment. Having legal representation early in the claims process will allow you to focus on your recovery while your claim and best interests are being pursued and protected.  With legal representation you also avoid unwanted contact from insurance adjusters looking for a recorded statement. 

Robitaille Law Firm LLC has over 30 years of experience representing the negligently injured throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts, with a proven track record in negotiating higher settlements and obtaining successful verdicts for their clients in the following areas:

  • Automobile and Motorcycle Accidents
  • Slip and Fall injuries
  • Defective Products
  • Worker’s Compensation

Call today for a free consultation & let our experience work for you.

Contact Us Now

Frequently Asked Questions

How are my medical bills going to be paid while my injury claim is ongoing?

First, check to see if your auto policy has medical payments (‘medpay’) coverage.  If you do, then your medpay should be used to pay initial medical bills. If you do not have medpay (or medpay has been exhausted) then your health insurance becomes primary payor.  NOTE: Your health insurance company may have a lien against your claim depending upon what type of insurance you have.  For instance, Husky (Medicaid) insurance would have a lien against your settlement and/or judgment.   

Can I be found partially at fault for an accident?

Connecticut follows what is called a “modified” comparative negligence rule.  If the claimant is more than 50 percent responsible for an accident, he recovers nothing. 

See Connecticut General Statutes Sec. 52-572h. Negligence actions. Doctrines applicable. Liability of multiple tortfeasors for damages.

What is ‘medical payments’ (MIP) coverage?

Medical payments coverage (medpay) is part of an auto insurance policy. It may help pay your or your passengers’ medical expenses if you’re injured in a car accident, regardless of who caused the accident. This coverage is optional and not available in all states.

Should I speak with the negligent party’s insurance company adjuster?

If you plan on obtaining your own attorney and pursuing a personal injury claim, the answer is simply No.  The insurance adjuster represents the negligent party, not you, and may be recording your statements whether you were advised of same or not. 

Should I take pictures of property damage and my injuries?

YES. It is always a good idea to document your damages wherever it is possible to do so.

What happens if the negligent party has minimum policy limits, or none at all?

This is an excellent question, and why I always tell my clients and family members to make sure they have adequate underinsured/uninsured (UM) coverage on their auto policies.  If the negligent driver was uninsured, you can make a claim against your UM policy coverage immediately. If the negligent driver had a policy with minimum limits, you can make a claim against your UM policy once the negligent party’s policy is exhausted.

Lawyer in Cheshire CT

(203) 272-2565

402 Highland Avenue
Cheshire, Connecticut 06410